They were on time every day, worked hard (I hardly saw them take a break), very professional, courteous and friendly.
Cape Cod Ductwork Services
The role of air ducts in an HVAC system is to provide basic ventilation for air to circulate. The problem arises when, over time, the vents accumulate dust, dirt, and other harmful contaminants. If left unaddressed, this can contribute to poor indoor air quality and lead to health problems. Our Cape Cod ductwork service is here to keep your system running smoothly.
Cape Cod Heat Pumps is honored to have served the local community since 2016, and our founder has experience that goes back over 20 years.
Signs Your Ducts Need Repairs
Over time, air ducts can develop issues that affect their ability to function properly. Here are some common signs that indicate air ducts need repair:
- Lack of Airflow. When certain rooms in the home are not receiving adequate airflow, it could be due to a blockage or leak in the air ducts.
- Uneven Airflow. This occurs when specific areas of your home receive more air than others, making some rooms too hot or too cold. Uneven airflow can be caused by damaged or disconnected air ducts.
- Fast-Clogging Filter. The air filter seems to get dirty quickly, it may be a sign that your air ducts are clogged with dust, debris, or other contaminants that may require our Cape Cod ductwork service tech to come out and take a look.
- Loud Noises from Vents. Banging, whistling, or rattling noises coming from the air ducts could indicate an issue with the airflow or overall performance of your HVAC system. If left untreated, these noises can lead to more significant problems and costly repairs.
- Mold and Mildew Odor. A musty odor coming from the vents could indicate the presence of mold or mildew. This can lead to serious health problems, and it’s important to address the issue as soon as possible.
- Higher Energy Costs. When there is a spike in energy costs that can’t be explained by other reasons (change in seasons, change in lifestyle, etc.), then it’s at least possible that a malfunctioning ductwork system is causing the entire HVAC unit to work harder—and cost more.
DIY Ductwork Cleaning Tips
There are some basic DIY steps that homeowners can take before calling in our Cape Cod ductwork service technicians.
The first step is to regularly change out the HVAC system filter. The system manual should provide instructions on how often it should be replaced, as this will vary depending on the type of filter. After changing the filter, homeowners can vacuum all air vents and surfaces near them to remove any dust or debris that may have accumulated.
It’s a good idea to remove any plants, furniture, or other items that are blocking air vents so that air can flow freely throughout the home or office. It’s also important to maintain low dust levels. This can be done by regularly vacuuming carpets and furniture, as well as wiping down surfaces with a damp cloth.
When these DIY steps don’t work, it’s time to give us a call at 508-833-4822.
The Good Results You Need
We’re proud of the fact that our deep and talented team of technicians has built a reputation for the integrity of our diagnostics, the reliability of our work, and the affordability of our prices. We have a deep understanding of all the issues that can impact the ventilation system in a home or office space, and we work hard to clean it out as efficiently as possible.
Contact Cape Cod Heat Pumps!
By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy